Who are we?
Polly’s Pet Care Services started in Chislehurst in 2008 and in 2018 Polly began Pet Care Services in the Stroud area. The team in Chislehurst is led by Sam and David whilst Polly heads up the Gloucestershire team. Polly ensures everything runs smoothly in both Kent and Gloucestershire and spends her time equally in both places.
All members of staff care passionately about our furry and scaly friends. Each person is carefully recruited, referenced and DBS checked and trained. They are all reliable and flexible. They take time to create a care plan that works best for you and your pet’s needs.
Pet Care Services
Polly has always loved and cared for animals from a young age, and currently the two main loves in her life are her Lab/collie cross, Maggie, and Vienna, a horse she helps to care for several times a week.
Polly grew up on a smallholding in Worcestershire and then moved to London to start a career in banking in the City of London. But she soon began to miss the countryside and working with animals, so she said goodbye to city life and started up Polly’s Pet Care! She has never looked back, and now has a number of pet care qualifications under her belt.
Recently she decided to expand Polly’s Pet Care Services to near her parents in Stroud, Gloucestershire and now splits her time between the two.
Polly has cared for all sorts of different animals all her life, including dogs, hamsters, cats, horses, donkeys, goats… you name it! Polly’s parents bred German Shepherds, and Polly helped to raise and care for the puppies until they were ready to go to their new homes. Other dog breeds she has owned (or lived with) include Newfoundlands, Retrievers, St Bernards and Schnauzers.
Polly’s qualifications include
* Student at Robert Alleyne (from BBC 3’s Dog Borstal) Club
* John Rogerson Courses – Training, Instructing and Handling in both Professional Dog behaviour counseling and Canine Aggression.
* Kendal Sheppard Courses – Canine Aggression
* Canine first aid certificate from Guildford College
* Dog law for professionals with Trevor Cooper
* UKRCB symposium Learning for Life – Considering a New Approach to Educating Puppies
presented by Helen Zulch, BVSc(Hons), MRCVS.
* Performance Enhancement in the Athletic dog course at K9 Hydro Services
* T-Touch Master Class 1 and 2 at K9 Hydro Services
Jo-Rosie Haffenden and Nando Brown “The Science of Drive and Predation” and
Kamal Fernandez “Reactivity, dispelling the myths, empowering the dog” and “Foundations
for Dog Sports”
* Ian Dunbar 4 day dog training seminar.
* K9 Hydro Services – Studied Level 3 Diploma in Canine Aqua and Hydrotherapy
Sam is a dedicated animal lover having grown up with dogs (Weimaraners, Dobermanns, German Shepherds, Rottweilers, Labradors and Jack Russels), parrots, tortoises, geckos, bearded dragon and an iguana.
Sam spent 7 years in the role of assistant manager. Since 2016 Sam became manager at Chislehurst and is responsible for the day to day activities and services we provide.
Sam’s qualifications include
* Diploma in Animal Care: Grade Distinction star.
* National Diploma in Animal Management level 3: Grade Merit.
* The Cambridge Institute of Dog Behaviour and Training Certificate in Dog Handling and Training Techniques.
* The Cambridge Institute of Dog Behaviour and Training Certificate in Canine Care and Behaviour.
* N.A.S.D.U Accredited Certificate: Level 2 Award General Purpose Security Dog Handling.
* Certificate in Canine first aid.
Sam wishes to go on to qualify as a canine hydro-therapist. She is the proud owner of 2 rescue dogs
(a Rottweiler and a Collie) and 2 ferrets.
Polly’s Pet care
David loves all creatures great and small, both furry and scaly. He is a true animal lover who is endlessly patient and loving. From a young age, David has wanted to work with animals and has been part of Polly’s Pet Care team since 2011. During that time has cared for hundreds of dogs, cats, chickens, rabbits, guinea pigs, tortoises, ducks and snakes.
He has a National Diploma in Animal Management level 3 and is interested in doing a grooming qualification. David grew up with two Staffys and currently has a Cocker Spaniel called Mr Darcy and a cat called Suki. His Spaniel, Darcy, was seriously ill with a neurological condition where he lost the ability to walk. Darcy had major surgery and David was dedicated to his recovery and rehabilitation with regular physio. Now Darcy is back to his normal bouncy self running around with his friends!