Polly’s Pet Care Services - About us
Whether you’re looking for a regular dog-walker, a pet-sitter while you’re away on holiday, or even a pet taxi to take your animal to the vets whilst you’re at work – Polly’s Pet Care provides a reliable service that will set your mind at ease.
All members of Polly’s Pet Care team are reference-checked and trained. They are all reliable and flexible, and will take time to work out a care plan that works best for you and your pet’s needs.
Polly has walked my dog Hendrix since he was a puppy and without her I would have a much naughtier dog on my hands! He needs a lot of exercise – far more than I can give him during the week and his ‘fun runs’ with Polly and her other dogs are just what he needs. Polly has consistently been not only polite and professional but flexible enough to adapt to any circumstance. I really don’t know what I would do without her.
Polly has been tending to our horses needs since July 2009. She is very reliable and conciensious. She has always been very helpful in times of need, especially when one of the horses manages to get tangled in fencing or cast! Polly has even managed to still get to the yard through blizzards and ice! I highly recommend her to anyone.
Polly started caring for my two cats at the beginning of last year when she was recommended to me by my local vet. Polly made a home visit prior to her first "holiday duty" and I was impressed by her professionalism and her obvious enthusiasm about working with animals. I have found her to be entirely trustworthy and I am more than happy to leave the house and cats in her care. She has a lovely personality and I can't recommend her highly enough to anyone who finds themselves in need of a temporary carer for their pets.
Pet Care Services
Polly has always loved and cared for animals from a young age, and currently the two main loves in her life are her Lab/collie cross, Maggie, and Vienna, a horse she helps to care for several times a week.
Polly grew up on a smallholding in Worcestershire and then moved to London to start a career in banking in the City of London. But she soon began to miss the countryside and working with animals, so she said goodbye to city life and started up Polly’s Pet Care! She has never looked back, and now has a number of pet care qualifications under her belt.
Recently she decided to expand Polly’s Pet Care Services to near her parents in Stroud, Gloucestershire and now splits her time between the two.
Polly has cared for all sorts of different animals all her life, including dogs, hamsters, cats, horses, donkeys, goats… you name it! Polly’s parents bred German Shepherds, and Polly helped to raise and care for the puppies until they were ready to go to their new homes. Other dog breeds she has owned (or lived with) include Newfoundlands, Retrievers, St Bernards and Schnauzers.
- Polly was a Student of Robert Alleyne (from hit TV show Dog Borstal) for 9 months, in this time she assisted in his training classes, went on behaviour consultations with him, attended educations days and completed assignments on training and behaviour questions.
- John Rogerson “World Renowned Dog Trainer and Behaviourist” – Courses completed – Training, Instructing and Handling 5 day Course, Canine Aggression 4 day course, Professional Behaviour counselling 10 day course
- Kendal Sheppard “vet surgeon, certified clinical animal behaviourist, lecturer, broadcaster, expert witness and multiple dog owner.”- Attended courses in Canine Aggression (2 days in total)
- Canine First Aid Course from Guildford College
- UKRCB symposium Learning for Life – Considering a New Approach to Educating Puppies presented by Helen Zulch, BVSc(Hons), MRCVS.
- Dog Law for professionals – Trevor Cooper (Specialist solicitor in Dog Law)
- APDT – Seminar by Dr Jean Dodds on Hyperthyroidism and Vaccine Protocol
- Currently studying for an advanced diploma in Canine Behaviour Management
- Student member with the Institute for Animal care education
- Applying for student membership with UKRCB (UK Registry of Canine Behaviourists).
- Applying for Membership with IRVAP (Institute of Registered Veterinary and Animal Physiotherapists.)
- Applying for Membership with CHA (Canine Hydrotherapy Assocation)
- Jenny Harknett KCAI in her pet training classes at Gypton Dog School from Jan 09 til Jan10
- Robert Alleyne’s Dog Club from Jan 10 till Sep 10
- South Eastern Pet beginners training class from Feb 2011 – Dec 11
Sam is a dedicated animal lover having grown up with dogs (Weimaraners, Dobermanns, German Shepherds, Rottweilers, Labradors and Jack Russels), parrots, tortoises, geckos, bearded dragon and an iguana.
Sam spent 7 years in the role of assistant manager. Since 2016 Sam became manager at Chislehurst and is responsible for the day to day activities and services we provide.
- Diploma in Animal Care: Grade Distinction star.
- National Diploma in Animal Management level 3: Grade Merit.
- The Cambridge Institute of Dog Behaviour and Training Certificate in Dog Handling and Training Techniques.
- The Cambridge Institute of Dog Behaviour and Training Certificate in Canine Care and Behaviour.
- N.A.S.D.U Accredited Certificate: Level 2 Award General Purpose Security Dog Handling.
- Certificate in Canine first aid.
Sam wishes to go on to qualify as a canine hydro-therapist. She is the proud owner of 2 rescue dogs (a Rottweiler and a Collie) and 2 ferrets.
Polly’s Pet care
David loves all creatures great and small, both furry and scaly. He is a true animal lover who is endlessly patient and loving. From a young age, David has wanted to work with animals and has been part of Polly’s Pet Care team since 2011. During that time has cared for hundreds of dogs, cats, chickens, rabbits, guinea pigs, tortoises, ducks and snakes.
He has a National Diploma in Animal Management level 3 and is interested in doing a grooming qualification. David grew up with two Staffys and currently has a Cocker Spaniel called Mr Darcy and a cat called Suki. His Spaniel, Darcy, was seriously ill with a neurological condition where he lost the ability to walk. Darcy had major surgery and David was dedicated to his recovery and rehabilitation with regular physio. Now Darcy is back to his normal bouncy self running around with his friends!